Tuesday 6 March 2012

Losing the Pregnancy Pounds

Righty ho. I figure if I record this on my blog for everyone to see, it might give me a bit of a kick towards making sure I reach my goals. So, what are my goals? I've decided not to weigh myself. I have a fundamental dislike of scales. An old boyfriend of mine used to say to me 'don't ask questions you don't want the answers to' which is very good advice when it comes to the subject of weight. I'm not adverse to tracking my progress, but since I intend to exercise which will build muscle, my weight will probably go up before it goes down which is a sure fire way to failure (for me, at any rate).


My goals are:

  1. Fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes (roughly a UK size 8 on top and a size 12 on the bottom)
  2. Get back to my previous level of fitness (I'll assume this is being able to run 5km comfortably in under 30 minutes without feeling the effects the following day)
  3. Be happy with what I see in the mirror (tricky to measure...but I'll know when I get there!)

To track my progress, I'm going to measure my hips, waist, thigh and upper arm every 2 weeks. Since I'm breast feeding, I'm not going to use my bust measurement...lol.

My starting measurements (for all to see...eep!)
Hips: 116cm
Waist: 90cm
Thigh: 68cm
Upper arm: 28cm

So how am I planning to lose the weight? Well, I am breast feeding which they say means you need to consume 500 extra calories per day so I think this will help me to lose weight. I also want to return to a good level of exercise - walking initially, but progressing to running once I've increased in fitness and recovered from my childbirth woes.

Wish me luck. I'll be tracking my exercise and measurements on www.myfitnesspal.com and posting my 2 week results here...

No comments:

Post a Comment